The NEBDN Certificate in Oral Health Education is for Qualified Dental Nurses.
The NEBDN Certificate in Oral Health Education is specifically designed to equip a dental nurse wishing to develop professionally to become an oral health educator, with the knowledge and skills required to be able to effectively deliver oral health care messages, educate various patient groups and have the ability to adapt information and communication to the specific needs of the patient.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR
Registered dental nurses who wish to further their knowledge and specialise in Oral Health Education, enabling them to take a more active role in the promotion of Oral Health.
Record of Competence
You will be required to complete a work-based Record of Competence (RoC). There are three sections to the RoC:
- Practical Competence Assessment Sheets (PCAS)
- Case studies
- Supplementary outcomes
This is a 90-minute written examination composed of two sections:
- Part A – 60 multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Part B – 15 extended matching questions (EMQ)
Examinations are held twice a year in March and September.
- Maintaining Good Clinical Practice.
- General Health and Disease.
- Patient Assessment and Treatment Planning.
- Patient Management.
- Health Promotion and Disease Prevention.
NEBDN Certificate in Oral Health Education is for Qualified Dental Nurses in the UK.
- Should be a registered Dental Nurse
- Should be working in Dental Practice