The NEBDN Certificate in Dental Radiography is for Qualified Dental Nurses.
A qualified dental nurse who is awarded the NEBDN Certificate in Dental Radiography will be able to act under prescription as an IR(ME)R operator, in order to safely take intra-oral and extra-oral radiographs of patients. The additional skills acquired, together with the knowledge gained, will enhance your CV and bring benefits to your employer and to patients.
This course will develop qualified and registered dental nurses, who routinely assist during dental radiographic procedures, to practice competently and have a greater understanding of radiographic techniques being carried out in their workplace. The course provides verifiable CPD hours.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR
Registered dental nurses who would like to be more involved with patient care and would like to support their dentists in the diagnosis and treatment planning by providing good diagnostic radiographs.
Record of Competence
You will be required to complete a work-based Record of Competence (RoC). There are three sections to the RoC
- Practical Competence Assessment Sheets (PCAS)
- Case studies
- Supplementary outcomes
This is a 90-minute written examination composed of two sections:
- Part A – 60 multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Part B – 15 extended matching questions (EMQ)
Examinations are held twice a year in March and September.
Award of qualification
In order to be awarded this qualification, you must:
- Complete and satisfy the requirements of the RoC
- Pass the examination
- Maintaining Good Clinical Practice
- Radiation Physics
- Radiation Protection
- Apparatus and Equipment
- Films and Processing
- Digital Imaging
- Principles of Imaging
- Film Handling
- Digital Imaging – Practical Instruction
- Intra Oral Techniques
- Extra Oral Techniques
- Quality Assurance
- Care of Patients
- Principles and Practice of Interpretations
- Fundamentals of Radiological Anatomy
- Identification of Common Dental Pathology
NEBDN Certificate in Dental Radiography is for Qualified Dental Nurses in the UK.
- Should be a registered Dental Nurse
- Should be working in Dental Practice