Starting a career as a Dental Nurse in the UK: Qualifications and Requirements
You must complete a dental nursing apprenticeship or enrol in a dental nursing diploma program that is approved by the National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN) in order to begin a career as a dental nurse in the UK.
You can search for apprenticeship possibilities on the National Apprenticeship Service website or by getting in touch with nearby dental offices. These apprenticeships typically last 18 to 24 months and combine classroom education with on-the-job training.
If you’d prefer to take a course, you can locate NEBDN-accredited programs at dental schools, universities for continuing education, or for-profit training organizations. These programs typically last 12 months and incorporate both classroom and clinical education (also known as RoE).
You normally need to have earned at least five GCSEs, including English, math, and science, at grade C or higher to be eligible to participate in an apprenticeship course. Before beginning the course, you might additionally need to pass a health examination and a background investigation.
You must register with the General Dental Council (GDC) in order to work as a dental nurse in the UK after completing your education and passing the NEBDN OSCE exam.
How can I find the course and how to start working as a dental nurse?
- Find more about the many possibilities for dental nursing education in the UK, including apprenticeships and programs approved by the National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN).
- Meet the prerequisites for entry: Typically, you must have earned at least five GCSEs, including English, Math, and Science, with a grade of C or above.
- Look for apprenticeship options: You may locate apprenticeship opportunities by visiting the website of the National Apprenticeship Service or by getting in touch with nearby dental offices. These apprenticeships usually last 18 to 24 months.
- Finishing the program and passing the NEBDN OSCE exam. You will get a National Diploma in Dental Nursing (Level 3) after completing your education and passing the NEBDN final exam.
- The General Dental Council (GDC) requires registration. You must register with the General Dental Council in the UK in order to work as a registered dental nurse (GDC).
- To increase your chances of being employed by a dental office, gain as much clinical experience as you can in a dental environment.
- Look for employment possibilities: After completing your studies and becoming registered with the GDC, you may begin exploring for employment prospects in the UK as a dental nurse.
Join Forward Academic Team. Enrol in the next intake!
At Forward, we provide a full dental nursing education that is accredited by the National Examining Board for Dental Nurses (NEBDN) and will deliver you the know-how and abilities required to succeed as a dental nurse. Your classroom training and clinical placements will be supervised by our knowledgeable educators, who will make sure you are well-equipped to ace the NEBDN examinations and join the industry as a self-assured dental nurse. For the dental nursing apprenticeship, we can help you get registered with our apprenticeship provider – StarGreenwich Education.
We at Forward Academic Team are aware that each student has unique demands and learning preferences. To assist you in succeeding, we provide flexible schedule alternatives and specialized assistance. Our cutting-edge facilities and practical training methods will provide you with a valuable and gratifying experience.
The cost of our course is also intended to be reasonable and accessible, and there are financing alternatives available to assist you in paying the tuition.
The Forward Academic Team is offering you the chance to start your dental nursing career; don’t pass it up. Enrol today to start along the path to a lucrative and enjoyable career in this fast-paced industry. For additional details on how to enrol, get in touch with us.
Join us today to become a member of our community of prosperous dental nurses!
Reach out to us:
Registration Support: Send Email
Call Support: Call us
Book Video Consultation: one-to-one video online consultation.