Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC in Health and Social Care
The HNC is equivalent to the first year of a standard three-year university degree. After the HNC, you can move onto a HND with us or with another institution and then on to a one-year university top-up programme to earn a full degree.
• Communicating in health and social care organisations
• Principles of health and social care practice
• Health and safety in the health and social care workplace
• Personal and professional development in health and social care, which includes a 200 hour work placement
• We work in health and social care in partnership
• Health and social care service are approved
• Physiological principles for health and social care
• Psychology for health and social care
• Counselling skills in health and social care.
Each module is assessed through coursework. Learners will be required to undertake an initial assessment at interview.
• GCSE maths and English grade A*-C or equivalent; AND
• A related Level 3 qualification at least at merit, which could be an Access to Higher Education
• At least one A-level in a relevant subject at grade A*-C OR more than one A-level at grades A*-E; OR
• Related work experience (if you're an older learner we'll take into account your paid and unpaid
experience, professional qualifications and life experience).
Your tutor will talk to you about this at interview or in your first class.
You can find work in the health and social care sector or continue your studies on an BTEC Level 5 HND on Health and Social Care at Forward Care or another provider.
How to Apply?
To apply for a course choose one of these methods:
• Online - click the Apply Now button, fill out the form and submit